Sunday, January 02, 2011

The Holy Sabbath

Sunday... The Lord's Day... A Day of rest... The Holy Sabbath.

Everyone seems to pay it no mind, but it has so much value and meaning in our lives that we should take every opportunity to savor the things that we can learn and do on this special day.

Our Great-grandfathers called it the Holy Sabbath; our Grandfathers called it the Sabbath; our Fathers call it Sunday, and now it's just the weekend. Our reverence for this holy day has slipped. We need to remember this Holy day and always be striving to make it HIS day. For it is the Lord's day. Even those people who are not religious acknowledge the fact that Sunday is different somehow. We need to be more aware of the things we do and ask ourselves the question of " Would I be comfortable doing this if the Lord were beside me?"

I love learning about Jesus and this year in church we will be studying the life of Jesus Christ through the reading and study of the New Testament. I have studied it before but I have not read it through from beginning to end. I look forward to reading it through this year. I pray that I will be able to grow spiritually and come to a better understanding of the gospel through the study of the Lord's life and teachings.

Scripture of the Day:
Romans 1:16

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

No comments:

Post a Comment