Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Talking about the Weather.

Each Monday and Wednesday as I sit on the bus for 45 mins I almost always end up sitting next to someone I do not know. At first I feel like the little kid going to elementary school on his first day trying to be brave but fearing that the person sitting next to me won't like me or (worst case senario) will be mean and rude. But this is public transportation and even though it may be scary it is sometimes actually very enjoyable because you get to talk to someone who may not have the same view as you on a subject and so you end up talking about it for the entire bus ride. In some cases I have found that I merely just exchange the "hi" and "How are ya?" followed by "Good/Fine". Surprisingly though the subject of the weather has yet to come up in a bus conversation. The reason why I find it surprising is that the only thing that two bus riders have in common is the fact that they have both been standing in the weather for several minutes.

Well, since I have been writing this on the bus I have run out of time so I must say "So how about that weather?"

No comments:

Post a Comment