Saturday, January 07, 2012

Winter finally arrives! ... Sort of

So this morning I woke up to find that despite what I had seen in the news there was about a half an inch of snow on the ground. We had a totally dry Christmas so it is nice to actually see some of the white stuff on the ground. I always am a bit disappointed when we have Christmas without any snow but I guess it is better late than never. hopefully we will get a bit more as the days go on because otherwise we may have a very dry year.

On another note ... I am glad that it has been dry a bit longer because it has allowed me to do a few extra things around the yard before it got too cold. I can't wait for spring now because I will be able to plant and have a garden like I have wanted for some time now. I don't know if anyone else feels like this, but once Christmas is over it seems like it should get warm and be going into springtime. But we still have just over 2 months before it gets warm again according to the calendar. We shall see who is right.

One final note: Baby is growing well and Emily and I are literally "gearing up" for her arrival. We have done most of our baby registry at Babies R Us and we hope that we can also get lots of hand-me-downs from siblings, friends, family, and anyone who has girly baby stuff that they want to get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment