Sunday, October 23, 2011

What to Expect When Your (Wife is) Expecting

So I've been reading the "What to Expect When Your Expecting" book and I have to say that you could pretty much some up the book in one simple statement. "Expect Everything!" Every single month there is something different. There are constant mood swings, cravings, morning sickness, body changes, and many other things that I will not go into right now. In the book there is a section or the "dads" to read but it is so short and only has a few help and tips. I feel like I'm in the dark on a lot of this and I really don't know what to do sometimes. I worry so much when Emily says that she is hurting or emotional or when she says, "I feel fat". I worry that I will say or do the wrong thing or that I am not supportive enough. There are so many things that I wish there was a manual for the husbands to follow to help us get through the pregnancy. I'm so glad that we are having a baby but sometimes I just wish that the woman having the baby would stay more level headed.

I love my wife and she is being such a trooper about her morning sickness and I love her for being understanding when I need to have some time to just relax or even be by myself. May 16th will not come soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. Tell Emily to keep some Saltines next to her bed, and to eat some right away when she wakes up in the morning, and then to eat a regular breakfast. I found that if I ate something as soon as I got up, this would usually keep the morning sickness from happening. After the first trimester, hopefully it will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck Jordan!! And remember that now that Em is pregnant you will find your self gaining some weight, its called supportive eating. All the dads I know have gained a pound or two while their wives are prego. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL! You poor man. I feel soo sorry for you. Personally, I'd love to see you try to keep a level head when your hormones are spiking and you have a strange alien making you sick as is grows into a 5-10 pound screaming pooping/eating machine. Not to mention all the bladder pounding, rib tickling, sleepless nights because you can't get comfortable, and not being able to eat certain foods that you love. (Mine's caffeine.) Plus, the most level headed woman knows she's insane or irrational, but she just can't seem to do anything about it.
    I feel soo bad for you because no matter what. . . . You're Screwed.

    ReplyDelete