Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and I am so happy because I received one of the most wonderful gifts ever. My wife took the time to take my daughter and have her paint a piece of paper with finger paint that said "Happy Father's Day" (I will show it below.)

The other thing that Emily had for me for Father's Day, she actually has been giving me over the last three days. It is a clean and organized house. I am so much of an organizational guru that I think I should help others with it. Anyway,  over the last three days she has been working with me to clean out and declutter all of the rooms in the upstairs part of our house. It has been so amazing to see how much junk that we are just holding onto for no reason. Or even clothes that don't fit anymore or clothes that I've had for nearly ten years.

And what is more interesting is that Emily now agrees with my philosophy about keeping a clean and organized house. Of course this doesn't mean that we still don't have messes; we live like any other family in our house. it just means that we are more conscience of the messes that we make and we take the time each day to clean them up.

Doing this has made such a difference in the way our home has felt as well. For those of you who know Emily this didn't come lightly to her. We have been making some other major changes as well which i will put into my next post, but just as a snippet we attended a conference at the south towne expo center that has changed the way we think about our relationship and about ourselves. (Worth every penny)

No comments:

Post a Comment